Terms and Conditions
We are over the moon that you wish to participate in the 2023 Internal Talent Awards (“the Awards” or “the ITAs”).
The ITAs are conducted by TaPod (ABN: 19 783 048 435) in partnership with TQ Solutions.
Information and instructions on how to participate in the ITAs form part of these Terms and Conditions. If you complete a submission for the ITAs you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
The Terms and Conditions will be published on (the “ITAs Site”) https://internaltalentawards.com/ throughout the duration of the ITAs.
If you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, TAPOD has the right to disqualify you or declare your entry for the ITAs ineligible.
The ITAs will recognise activities and achievements undertaken in the period of 1st July 2022 – 11 June 2023. All submissions must relate to this period only.
Who can enter?
- Talent Acquisition, Human Resources (HR), Hiring and Employer Brand teams within an Australian and New Zealand organisation who have in-house hiring capabilities and responsibilities and who do not offer these services externally are eligible to enter the ITAs. This does not include Recruitment Agencies or any Recruitment Process Outsourcing.
- Individuals who are in a management or leadership role within their Australian and New Zealand organisation and/or department are eligible to enter the Talent Acquisition Leader of the Year award.
- Talent Acquisition & HR Industry Suppliers are permitted to submit an entry for the ‘Best Vendor Solution’ Award.
- Organisations can be private companies, publicly listed companies, multi-national subsidiaries, government and non-government organisations, franchise systems or partnerships.
- Organisations must operate in Australia and/or New Zealand.
- Subsidiaries of parent companies (or different brands within a group company) are eligible to enter the ITAs, even if their parent company also chooses to enter, provided that the subsidiaries:
- only reflect the activities and achievements of the sub-brand in their submissions, not the parent brand; and
- ensure any classification of their brand in terms of employee size reflects all employees that work on that brand, including support staff.
The ITAs’ categories
The 2023 ITAs’ categories are as follows:
Talent Team of the Year – Enterprise
The Talent Team of The Year – Enterprise Award recognises the best collaborative In-house Team (6+ in the Talent Team) in the country. From outcomes to learnings to new initiatives… allow us to reward you for being the best of the best.
Talent Team of the Year – Corporate
The Talent Team of The Year – Corporate Award recognises the best collaborative In-house Team (1-5 Talent Team Members) in the country. From outcomes to learnings to new initiatives… allow us to reward you for being the best of the best.
Talent Leader of the Year – Enterprise
The Talent leader of the Year – Enterprise recognises the very best leader our industry has to offer of a team exceeding 6. What are you doing to make the difference in your organisation? How are you inspiring your Team? We will look at processes, tech and leading from the front. What makes you stand out?
Talent Leader of the Year – Corporate
The Talent leader of the Year – Corporate recognises the very best leader our industry has to offer in a team of 5 or less. What are you doing to make the difference in your organisation? How are you inspiring your Team? We will look at processes, tech and leading from the front. What makes you stand out?
Talent Professional of the Year – Enterprise
The Talent Professional of the Year – Enterprise is a special individual. Both a Talent Artist & Scientist, we are looking for evidence of success, individuality, flair and teamwork. In a team of 6+ How have you made a difference?
Talent Professional of the Year – Corporate
The Talent Professional of the Year – Corporate is a special individual. Both a Talent Artist & Scientist, we are looking for evidence of success, individuality, flair and teamwork in a team of 5 or less. How have you made a difference?
Excellence in Candidate Experience (CX)
The Excellence in CX Award rewards the business that puts Candidates first throughout the process. We are looking for a Team that prides itself on ALL Candidates walking away with a positive experience.
Excellence in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DNI)
The Excellence in DNI Award rewards an equality driven Talent Function. We all hear about DNI… the winner of this Award will not only talk the talk… but clearly and compassionately walk the walk.
Excellence in Employer Branding (EVP)
The Excellence in EVP Award will reward a business that has an emerging and positive brand in the employment marketplace. Are you positioning yourself as the Employer of Choice?
Excellence in Onboarding
The Excellence in Onboarding Award rewards a Talent Function that really invests in the Onboarding Process. After all, it is the new employee’s first real glimpse of your brand, culture and environment. What are you doing to stand out?
Excellence in Innovation
The Excellence in Innovation Award is seeking the most Innovative and forward thinking Talent Function in the land. What new idea, process or strategy have you implemented?
Best Tech Stack
The Best Tech Stack Award will reward the Team that has put together the best technology to support the Talent Function. We are looking for a flawless integration and strategy that supports attraction, recruitment process and onboarding.
Best Use of Video
The Best Use of Video Award reflects the changing face of Talent Acquisition. What do you use video for? How successful has it been? Show us how video has improved your results.
Best Careers Website
The Best Careers Website Award will reward the Function that has the most user-friendly, simple and effective portal for attracting candidates to specific opportunities. We will be focusing on User Experience, Innovation and Simplicity.
Best Vendor Solution
The Best Vendor Solution Award recognises partnerships between the Talent Function and Third Party Vendors. Do you have a great story to tell? What solution changed the way you manage Talent & why was it successful?
Social Consciousness Award
The Excellence in Social Consciousness will reward the Team or Business that gives back. Are you Socially Accountable to Yourself, your Stakeholders, your Candidates and your Community?
How to enter?
- Entries will be accepted from 4 April 2024 to 11 June 2023 (Entry Period). No entries will be accepted after 11:59 pm on 11 June 2023.
- Participants must register via the online submission form at https://internaltalentawards.com/ ; enter their organisation and contact details and complete the application within the Entry Period.
- Participants can enter more than one ITAs category. However, only one submission per category will be accepted; provided a registration form is completed for each submission and each submission answers the criteria of the nominated category.
- By entering the ITAs, each participant acknowledges that their submission is a true, accurate, complete and original work, that any intellectual property rights arising in connection with that entry rest with the participant and that the submission does not interfere with any third-party rights.
It is proposed that the 2023 ITAs’ winners will be announced on 7 September 2023, at an ITAs ceremony in Sydney at the Dolton House, Hyde Park. It is expected that a senior representative from each organisation who are shortlisted as 2023 ITAs’ finalists attend the ceremony.
All ITAs will be reviewed and assessed by a panel of expert judges appointed by TaPod. Each of these expert judges have a background and experience in Talent Acquisition, HR or Business.
Judges have complete discretion in assessing submissions; applying the judging criteria and terms and conditions and determining winners. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into in relation to their decision.
The judges reserve the right not to allocate an Award in a particular category.
TAPOD and the judges reserve the right to decline a submission or to disqualify a participant at their absolute discretion.
TAPOD confirms that all participant information will be collected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), TaPod and its employees, agents and the ITAs’ judges do not accept any liability, however arising, including liability for negligence, for any accident, loss, injury or damage arising at any time out of, or in connection with, the ITAs, except for any liability that cannot, by law, be excluded.
TAPOD reserves the right to alter any dates associated with the ITAs; including the dates within which participants can enter the ITAs, the proposed date for the announcement of the ITAs’ finalists and the proposed date for the announcement of the ITAs’ winners. Any such changes will be published on the ITAs Site.
Award Finalists will be entitled to use the ITAs’ Finalist 2023 logo on their site literature and marketing materials for 12 months from the date of the ITAs ceremony.
Any misuse or altering of the TAPOD logo or the ITAs logo is not permitted.
TAPOD reserves the right to withdraw the use of its logo and the ITAs logo at any time if these conditions are not met.
Participants acknowledge that they may be required for media interviews and/or presentations in respect of their submission, and agree to take all reasonable steps to be available for and actively participate in such media interviews or presentations.
TAPOD reserves the right to place photos and/or video taken at the ITAs ceremony on the ITAs Site and other TAPOD marketing channels, and utilise images in media outreach to secure media coverage of the ITAs, the ITAs ceremony, finalists and winners.
By submitting an entry into the ITAs, you consent to receive promotional and marketing messages from TaPod.
TAPOD may choose to publish submissions wholly or in part, as case studies or for publicity purposes. Permission from participants (not to unreasonably be withheld) will be sought prior to publication and commercially sensitive information will be excluded.
TAPOD reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any point. Participants in the ITAs will be notified of any such amendments prior to the close of the Entry Period.